Status Report: Ten Steps
Hello, ladies and jecklefins! Z Factor here, and I thought you could use a status report on the upcoming short film "The Ten Steps of Making a Short Film." For short, we call it "Ten Steps."
During the summer, the crew and I were given the opportunity to enter a short film in the University of Northwestern's Emerging Filmmaker's Content, which was amazing! After brainstorming, we decided to put together a black-and-white, silent comedy film portraying humorously the difficulties of actually making a short film. One of the reasons I went with this idea is because many of my other ideas would go over the five minute mark, which was the maximum amount we were allowed for the project. So, we got to work and had an amazing summer together! But still, my original plan was going over the five minutes. I decided to cut out pieces of my original plans to edit together the five minute version for the contest. I am very happy with the short version, "Making a Short Film" but I am also really excited to be working on my original version, "Ten Steps."
It's been taking so long (it's now November already!) because there were some extra scenes we couldn't film before the end of summer, and scheduling since then has not been easy. However, as you can see, the editing is going smoothly...but I can't edit what I don't have! My hope is to finish the last couple missing scenes and everything will fall nicely into place, so I can finally share my short film with you all!
So, the status report for "Ten Steps": Going very well and it should be coming soon! I am so excited and I hope you are too. Thank you and have a blessed week!
-Z Factor

No comments:
Post a Comment