Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Busy Summer Bummer

Busy Summer Bummer 


It has not been easy to produce anything this summer. I had high hopes and plans to make a couple short films during these hot summer months. I won't go into detail over the projects since they may never come to life. The truth is people get busy, and life is hectic. We don't always have the time, energy, or resources to do the things we want. 

I was planning on shooting a short film over a period of three days, even had the days scheduled two weeks in advance, and was going to begin the production process with story-boards, costumes, memorizing lines and so forth. The problem, as it often is, is people cancel. Something else always comes up. It has happened a lot with various projects, sometimes we've made it work and sometimes the stars don't align. 

I was so excited about that short film. I loved the script and kept talking about it to my friends and family. I couldn't wait to see my vision come to life. Except things got in the way. Things outside of my control, like people changing their minds or canceling, and then things just within my own life like family, school and work. I was working two jobs, doing two summer online courses, and had family things going on, as well as trying to plan trips for summer vacations. Twice during the summer months I was out of town, and that throws a person's schedule off. 

I don't regret the fun things I was able to do in the summer and am looking forward to my last couple of trips. I am not upset that things just didn't happen. I am just a bit sad though, that I didn't have enough time, people, and energy to make it work. I only blame myself, that it was my fault I didn't have the will-power to do it. I could just be kicking myself over it, and that really it's no one's fault per say. Just because it didn't work out this time doesn't mean we can't make the movie at all. And, sometimes when it doesn't work out, it's a way for God to make everything fall into place later, at the right time with the right people. 

Z-Factor Studios hasn't put out a video in months. Due to moving around rooms in our busy household, I haven't put my editing software from my PC to my laptop. Without editing software ready and installed, I kept procrastinating any filming at all, plus I was just too tired. So, I am a bit bummed about that. A bit of a summer bummer feeling like I didn't do much besides work and school, and adulting sucks. I felt discouraged too, that no one wanted to help me bring my stories to life like I did. I have some great crew members, but it's just never easy to get us all together to make our movies. It takes a lot to make something. 

I guess that's what makes them so special though and why I love it so much--because it's so rewarding to see something like National Sam Appreciation Day come to life before your eyes. We made that film last year. I still can't believe it was a whole year ago! I want to do things like that again. Come together with a group, make memories, and tell stories through film. 

With everything going on in my life and in the lives of the studio crew members, it's no surprise that we haven't been able to make many videos. But I'd like to thank everyone who reads this little article from this little blog and all the people who are still subscribed to our tiny YouTube channel. Hopefully soon we can come together to do the thing we love to do: make movies. 

-Z Factor 

No comments:

Post a Comment