Getting into the Grind
The fall semester has started for most college students, including myself, Z Factor. With a full course load, two part time jobs, and managing a film club at my college, I have found myself bustling already from place to place trying not to forget all of the commitments I've made. And I've also made commitments to myself, things like bettering my health and mind. I have also wanted to continue making content on both the channels, gaming and film. With so little free time and trying to get a chance to breathe, it can be a bit frustrating trying to find time for it all--school, work, family, friends, myself. I have to go to school to get a good job, but I have to work so I can eat and pay for school, and there's a perpetual cycle of juggling the school vs. work ratio. Most college students face this I think, not an anomaly here--just a frustration in the struggle of life.
Still, there are things I want to do and am in the process of doing and that is what I am sharing with you now.
I have started making some little videos for the gaming channel, me trying to survive Minecraft. I know I enjoy playing Minecraft and making the videos, the question is whether there's actually an audience for it...most likely not but hey, crazy things can happen. In any case, it does not disappoint me if my gaming videos never get more than ten views. That is my full expectation. But I have fun doing them which is why I continue with it. C.F.R. and I are also going to play some other fun games which we're both very excited for, and finally finishing our favorite child-murder animatronic videogame saga, Five Nights at Freddy's.
As for short films and skits...those are really hard to make when there's barely a moment to spare and especially when resources are thin. I simply don't have enough people to get there hands into projects with me in order to produce them. I'll have to save short films as a rare thing made when the pieces fall into place. BUT...I have another idea, and have wanted to do this for a while. I've already done some of this in the past but I want to make it the main thing on my film channel since I can't make short films on a regular basis. Just making some movie-reviews and discussions, videos where I talk about concepts in film or TV, things that make me think and want to talk about and that I find important...maybe you'll find them interesting and important too.
For example, a couple things I want to do future analysis videos on: the effects of relationship portrayals in famous movies, The Dark Crystal series on Netflix, and an unusual trope found in some obscure American-made movies set in China. Three very different topics, wouldn't you say?
Let me know if any of this sounds interesting to you and I hope the Fall is kicking off to a great start for you. Adieu!
-Z Factor
PS: Here's a video in case you haven't checked out my gaming channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment